in browser evolution
has to include
across the widest possible range
so the 'subscribe' button
that looks for an rss feed
ought to be generalised as a
that offers 'subscriptions'
to every possible relevant feed:
- watch for more by this author?
- watch for more on this site?
- watch for more on this topic?
- watch GoogleNews for relevant string/patterns?
- narrow GoogleNews feed to particular news sources?
and these feeds should have killfiles as well
so when your 'artificial intelligence' pattern
briefly floods you with gossip items about
'AI' star Haley Joel Osment
you can flip on a temporary filter
using a form/syntax
that works exactly the same
for all your more-like-this feeds